Sandcastle Platform Updates:
- Create google news sitemap - As requested by Audience Development, update RSS feeds and build news sitemaps. In the case of PopSci, the site lacks a news sitemap which results in its exclusion from Google News.
- Add video channel playlists to include
- Latest video - When this option is selected the video channel node (on the front-end will display the latest video from the site’s parent label
- Most Popular video - When this option is selected the video channel node (on the front-end) will display the most popular video from the site’s parent label
- Video embed token - Selecting this shows the embed field that currently exists
- Add twitter card meta tags - As requested by Audience Development, add twitter card meta tags HTML to webpages. This will allow brands to attach rich photos, videos and media experience to tweets from website content.
- Implement sponsored content - Implement sponsored content designations to include visual differences for on-page content and within content listings (i.e. sponsored content text, different colored background) -- as well as the ability to expire it, and query against all sponsored content within the CMS.
- Update open graph meta tags - As requested by Audience Development, update open graph meta tags to include the article: publisher tag. This will add a "like" button to news feed posts for non-fans. Facebook is now recommending an image size of 1200x630 pixels, or at least a minimum of 600x315. Modify the size requirement for og:image so that Facebook does not default to a tiny thumbnail in the post.
- Separate primary channels from menu
Administration Interface Changes:
- Configure AMS for sandcastle for webform sweepstakes functionality
- Incorporate additional Po.st configurations
User-facing and Performance Changes:
- Remove photo gallery widget from all right rails
- Remove social media widget from all right rails
- Fix for content search search filter
- Fix to hide text format selector when using custom HTML cell
- Fix to repair Bonnier analytics module for omniture plugin
- Fix issue for ad ops permissions to edit tag pages
- Fix to remove references to missing images
- Fix webform error with insert image button
- Fix webform missing instructions
- Fix webform right sidebar presentation options
- Fix webform error message / instructions
- Only have one custom page content listing with a pager at a time
- Add output file paths for attachments